Thursday, February 19, 2015

Wow! Long lost Update

by Jimmy

It has been awhile...

I resolved this year to stay better connected with friends and family this year. Feel free to keep me accountable to that.

The time is 5:00 PM, my usual school quitting time. Today, however is a little different. I just put Rachel to sleep, and am enjoying a few minutes of quiet.



Our nickname for her is "tornado." Rachel and I returned to the house from the airport. (Becky, Abbi, and Mikayla are taking a quick trip to Texas.) Not 2 minutes from entering the house, I walk into the bedroom, and Rachel is spreading the hundreds of hair bands we have accumulated, across the floor. I rescue half of them. Then sing the "Clean Up" song. Again.

I do believe that it is going to be a busy, fun filled, very energetic, challenging two weeks.

The year has been a great one. And ended with a bang. Our newest, sweet Mikayla, joined us the day after Christmas. Prior to birth, we thought she was a boy, but ended up proving us wrong. We have lucked out once again. How can one family have three, such sweet girls?!

3 under 3, however, are keeping us very busy. I keep wondering if we can get anything done anymore. My wife is amazing!


So, in light of the few moments I will have to update this blog, I think I will have to work smarter, and just update more frequently, and keep the posts more compact.

Thank you all for your love, support and prayers.

Jimmy - for the growing Burton clan.

No comments:

Post a Comment