One man, using his loss to bring gain.
315 miles. 12 days.
So women in Haiti deliver their babies safely.
Most of you probably remember that God graciously allowed me to give birth in Haiti last year at the Maternity Center that is run by the organization we are working for, Heartline Ministries. Our experience there was really incredible. I felt so comfortable with and loved by the staff there. They took the time to talk and share with me, kept careful watch over me and the baby, prayed for me, provided us with everything we needed, and overall just took really great care of me. I always looked forward to my appointments there (as opposed to the few doctors appointments that I had) and could not have asked for a better birthing experience. I share these things, because I am so thankful for the way God used the maternity center to help and encourage and provide for us during our birth. The maternity center does these same things for many Haitian women whose only other option would be receiving no pre-natal care and often dangerously giving birth at home alone. Because of Heartline’s Maternity Center many women are getting to experience Christ’s love in a much needed and practical way. I believe in what Heartline is doing and am very excited that they are planning to build a second maternity center that will be able to serve more women and be better equipped for some of the more difficult medical needs that women face here in Haiti. Beginning a new maternity center is a huge undertaking. RUN FOR LIFE is going to help in this process. We want to invite you to join us in the RUN FOR LIFE journey over the next few months.
Ways you can be involved - Check out the website for details
1) PRAY for this event and the construction of the new maternity center.
2) Donate directly to the Heartline Maternity Center.
3) Host/participate in a Co-Run or co-event in your area to raise funds and awareness
4) Stay updated on run details and spread the word!
5) Lord willing, Jimmy and I will be running in a half-marathon in Allen, Texas on New Year’s Day as a co-run with Run For Life. You can support Run For Life through our co-run at http://www.razoo.com/story/Jimmy-And-Becky-Burton-Fundraising-For-Run-For-Life-Haiti-Join-The-Team?referral_code=share