Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dear Baby

Dear Baby,
Are you ready to be born yet?
Because I am ready for you to come.
I am ready to meet you.
I am ready to see your precious face and know what you look like - how you look like me and your daddy and are totally unique too.
I am ready to hold you close and sing to you and kiss you.
I am ready to give you a name and call you something other than "baby".
I am ready to learn what you like and don't like and all the ways God made you unique.
I am ready to introduce you to all of our family and friends who already love you.
I am ready to look at you and talk to you and tell you all about life... the sky and the trees and baby chickens and God and ask you questions you won't be able to answer yet.
I am ready to see you smile and hear you laugh and learn your cries.
I am ready to learn a whole lot about love and how to be a mommy.
You have done a great job growing healthy and strong inside of me.
I know already that you are going to be so sweet.
Just wanted you to know, whenever you are ready to come out and be born, we are ready too.


UPDATE: At the request of several people, here are 2 "baby bump" pictures


5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to meet your baby either! Now we need to see a picture of you before you have your baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. Love ya Becky. You are going to be one great momma :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just caught up... Praise the Lord for all his faithfulness! We are waiting with you! Love you much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for all three of you! Those last few days that feel like years are special and hard! Can't wait to see pics and meet this sweet blessing. Praying for an easy and merciful birth. God bless you in your faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete